Four Things I'm Doing This Halloween.


Even if we don't really take Halloween too seriously down here, I can't help but get deeply excited for this time of the year and the day itself. Being a total homebody myself, I'm making it my mission to get the best out of the celebration whilst keeping things super cosy and here are 4 things I've added to my to-do list for tomorrow. 

Start the day with pumpkin pancakes - There's nothing quite like a warm stack of fluffy pancakes in the morning! They're my favourite kind of breakfast and even if I tend to limit myself to special occasions, I'd leap at the chance to have them any day of the week. I've been browsing and pinning away everything pumpkin based lately and I've found this beautiful and super easy recipe I can't wait to recreate.

Binge watch a spooky tv show - I'm currently half-way through The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and I'm absolutely obsessed. I watched the original show when it came out so long ago and I remember how easy going and relatable it was, despite the magic bits and the bizarre situations. The reboot is a lot darker but it still discusses important issues such as bullying, loneliness and sexuality. I was instantly hooked and I can't recommend it enough. Also on my watch-list, the Haunting of Hill House, which is something I probably shouldn't watch alone as it looks seriously creepy.

Have a Lush themed pamper - I adore Lush products and having a hot bath with Sparkly Pumpkin bubble bar on Halloween is one of my favourite traditions. This year's Halloween collection is especially fun, with so many bright shades and unexpected scents. Ghost in the Dark soap is a new favourite of mine - it's so creamy and moisturizing, and the citrusy scent is so fresh and uplifting. Plus, it glows in the dark for real! I do have to say though, I miss Lord of Misrule shower cream, which is a cult classic for me but thankfully I still have a bottle left from last Christmas' sale.

Watch my favourite Halloween movies - I tend to avoid the super scary and gory ones, but I always enjoy a good spooky movie, although my favorites are the ones that make you jump and spill all the candies, but also laugh. Hocus Pocus is something I put on every single year and you can never go wrong with a Harry Potter marathon.

What do you like to do on Halloween?

***

Anche se qui da noi Halloween non si festeggia seriamente, ogni anno non posso fare a meno di lasciarmi trasportare dall'entusiasmo per l'autunno in generale e per questa ricorrenza speciale. Da vera pantofolaia, la mia missione è di godermi al massimo la giornata senza dimenticare coccole e comodità, e queste sono 4 cose che aggiunto alla mia to-do list per domani.

Iniziare la giornata con i pancake alla zucca - Non c'è niente di meglio di una pila fumante di soffici pancake coperti di sciroppo al mattino! E' la mia colazione preferita in assoluto e anche se cerco di limitarmi alle giornate speciali, coglierei l'occasione di mangiarli al volo in qualunque momento. Su Pinterest ultimamente ho cercato e salvato centinaia di piatti dolci e salati a base di zucca e ho trovato questa deliziosa e semplicissima ricetta che non vedo l'ora di ricreare - ho anche messo da parte della zucca arrostita apposta per l'occasione.

Guardare una serie tv a tema - Al momento sono a metà di The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina e lo adoro. Ovviamente ero una fan della serie originale Sabrina Vita da Strega quando ero più piccola e ricordo che mi piaceva perché nonostante le situazioni bizzarre e la magia riuscivo ad immedesimarmi con la protagonista. Il reboot è decisamente più tetro e misterioso, ma tratta comunque argomenti attuali come il bullismo, la solitudine e orientamento sessuale. Mi ha stregato - è proprio il caso di dirlo - fin da subito e lo consiglio a tutti. In lista c'è anche the Haunting of Hill House, che forse non è il caso di guardare quando sono a casa da sola perché sembra davvero inquietante.

Coccolarmi con Lush - Sapete benissimo che sono una Lush-maniaca e farmi un bagno pieno di bolle con lo spumante Sparkly Pumpkin la sera di Halloween è una delle mie tradizioni preferite. La collezione di quest'anno è particolarmente divertente con fragranze inaspettate e colori vivaci e fluo. Il sapone Ghost in the Dark è la mia new entry preferita - è cremoso e super idratante, e con la sua profumazione agrumata dona una sferzata di energia. E in più s'illumina al buio per davvero! Devo ammettere però che mi manca la mia amatissima crema doccia Lord of Misrule, ma per fortuna me n'è rimasta una bottiglia dai saldi dell'anno scorso.

Godermi i miei film di Halloween preferiti - Tendo a evitare quelli davvero terrificanti o sanguinosi, ma in una serata così non può mancare un bel film spaventoso, anche se i miei preferiti sono quelli che fanno saltare sulla sedia e rovesciare le caramelle, ma anche ridere. Hocus Pocus non può sicuramente mancare, anche se ormai conosco tutte le battute a memoria, e ovviamente con una bella maratona di Harry Potter non si sbaglia mai.

Cosa vi piace fare ad Halloween?

25 commenti:

  1. Risposte
    1. I just love Halloween! Have a lovely spooky night, dear x

      Elimina
  2. Pumpkin pancakes sound incredible! I'm gonna have to try this.

    Zoey | www.zoeyolivia.com

    RispondiElimina
  3. I didn't pumpkin carve this year and I feel like I totally missed out! I did buy a couple of pumpkins for the flat but just none are carved haha! I've also seemed to missed out on picking some stuff up from Lush too which I never do! I think I just wasn't prepared how quickly Halloween came round this year xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. I totally understand! Halloween sneaked up on me too this year! I can't believe how quickly is going tbh. Pumpkin carving is something I absolutely want to try at some point, it looks so fun. x

      Elimina
  4. Pumpkin pancakes? That sounds so yummy, haha! I love pancakes anyway and need to try that out <3
    xoxo
    Lara

    www.verylara.com

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Right? Besides pumpkin is a vegetable, isn't it? So these pancakse are technically healthy ;)

      Elimina
  5. I totally agree with you :D

    Federica
    www.federicadinardo.com

    RispondiElimina
  6. Thank you, hun :) Happy you enjoyed it!x

    RispondiElimina
  7. I definitely did some of the things you listed!

    Halloween is my all time favorite holiday :)

    - Marina W
    http://www.waitmarinawho.com/2018/11/a-cornucopia-of-emotions.html

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. It's just so fun, insn't it! The combination of spooky and cosy is simply perfect. x

      Elimina
  8. Ah, binge watch a spooky tv show is definitely on my list!

    Mariya | www.brunetteondemand.com

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. They're perfect for this time of year. Really enjoyed Sabrina, non I moved on to the much more gory America Horror Story. x

      Elimina
  9. Risposte
    1. I did, thank you Nina! Hope you had a great time too! x

      Elimina
  10. I'm glad to read that you have great Halloween full of joy.

    Blog - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk21o8SaptI

    RispondiElimina
  11. Risposte
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it, Dollka. Have a great weekend! x

      Elimina