Five Recent Lifestyle Favourites.


I consider myself quite lucky as far as mental health goes as I mostly have good days when I feel perfectly normal and go on with my life without so much of an itch; but there are days, like yesterday, when anxiety takes over and it's easy for me to feel completely overwhelmed. When it happens, focusing on the simple, little things that put a smile on my face on a day to day basis never fails to make me feel lighter and clear my head a little, so today I'm sharing five non beauty-related things that I've been loving lately.

Asian Cooking Adventures - Starting with one of my favourite things in life, Food!, I've recently discovered an Asian grocery store nearby that stocks all sorts of hard to find ingredients - frozen gyoza skins, yay! - and since then I've been going wild with dumplings and stir-fry's, and anything that tickles my fancy on Pinterest really. Sesame pulled chicken and Beef Soba Noodles with Beans are two of my go-tos at the moment, as they're easy to whip together, super tasty and are even more delicious the next day. I'm also really looking forward to the cooler months as I can't wait to scarf down another bowl of this gorgeous Thai Soup with Prawns.

Masterchef Australia Season 10 - I absolutely love a cooking show and the aussie version is hands down my favourite installment of the franchise. I'm not sure if it's due to the editing or if only very nice people live in Australia, the fact is there're zero drama and back stabbing in this show and all that matters are the delicious food, beautiful plating skills and crispy chicken skin over everything. Also the masterclasses are a lovely extra and always a great occasion to learn a new technique or just be inspired for your next cooking experiment.

Bright Yellow - I am obsessed with everything yellow at the moment. It's such a happy colour, isn't it? I've been waltzing around the house in this yellow sundress all summer, and since my summer wardrobe mainly consist of jeans and white tops with the occasional pop of light blue and stripes, I've been loving little yellow accessories to make any outfit more exciting: I'm a wee bit obsessed with tassel earrings, they're just to fun to pass on, and with the heat constantly ruining my hairdos, a cute hairband is an absolute must have these days.

Queer Eye S1 & 2 - I'm so late to the party and I'm just realizing how much I've been missing out. I don't usually care for makeover shows - unless they're home makeovers, I'm a sucker for those! - but Queer eye is so much more than that. It's such a pure show, so positive and inspiring, and something we all need in our lives. The Fab 5 are incredibly genuine and supportive, and they'll leave you wanting to be the best version of yourself you can possibly be.

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - I was sucked in by the quirky title to start off with, then the trailer for the movie had me completely hooked. I haven't been this smitten with a book in ages - actually I made my way through it in two afternoon sittings, which obviously meant it was over way too soon. I'm the worst. It's the story of a group of people, whom in the attempt to cope with the nazi occupation of the Channel Islands discover a deep love for the book world, but ultimately The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society is a book about people who love books, and it resonated with me with every line. Also recommend the movie that is out now on Netflix. It's quite a lovely adaptation, it basically counts as a Downton Abbey cast reunion and Matthew Goode is totally dreamy as usual.

Let me know in the comments below what have you been loving lately. Xx

***

Quando si parla di salute mentale mi considero piuttosto fortunata perché i giorni buoni, in cui riesco a fare tutto senza intoppi e stress esagerato, superano di gran lunga quelli cattivi; di tanto in tanto però capita che l'ansia prevalga e mi senta completamente sopraffatta, come è successo ieri. Può sembrare stucchevole ma quando succede, oltre alla cara vecchia meditazione, trovo che concentrarmi sulle piccole cose che mi fanno sorridere in quei giorni qualunque aiuti a dissipare le nuvole che mi riempiono la testa, e quindi oggi voglio condividere 5 dei miei più recenti preferiti che non hanno a che fare con la bellezza.
 
Avventure in cucina orientale - Per cominciare da una delle mie cose preferite della vita, il cibo!, qualche mese fa ho scoperto un piccolo negozietto di alimentari asiatici che vende ogni genere di ingrediente introvabile e da allora mi sbizzarrisco con ravioli al vapore, pasta saltata e praticamente qualunque piatto catturi la mia attenzione su Pinterest. Tra i miei cavalli di battaglia ci sono il Pollo sfilacciato al sesamo e Soba Noodles con manzo e fagiolini, perché sono facilissimi da preparare, assolutamente deliziosi e sono ancora meglio il giorno dopo. In più non vedo l'ora che faccia un po' più fresco per ingurgitare un'altra scodella di questa meravigliosa Zuppa thai con gamberi.

Masterchef Australia Stagione 10 - Adoro gli show a tema culinario e la versione australiana di Masterchef per me rimane la migliore di tutte. Non so se sia merito dell'editing o se in Australia vivano davvero solo persone meravigliose, ma sta di fatto che non c'è traccia dei soliti drammi, conduttori urlanti o pugnalate alle spalle, e tutto quello che conta solo il cibo delizioso, impiattamenti assolutamente instagrammabili e pelle di pollo croccante ovunque. In più le masterclass sono un'ottima occasione per imparare qualcosa di nuovo e trovare ispirazione per il prossimo esperimento in cucina.

Giallo Limone - di recente sono stata perdutamente attratta dal giallo. E' un colore così felice, non trovate? E' tutta l'estate che piroetto per casa in un prendisole color limone e visto che il mio guardaroba estivo consiste principalmente di jeans e maglie bianche con l'occasionale comparsa di un tocco di azzurro e strisce, ho collezionato tutta una serie di piccoli accessori gialli e dorati per rendere il tutto un po' più interessante: tra i miei preferiti ci sono gli orecchini con nappe, che sono davvero troppo divertenti e di cui sono un attimino ossessionata, e poi fasce per capelli, cerchietti e foulard che con il caldo torrido a far scempio costante della piega sono diventati essenziali.

Queer Eye S1 & 2 - Come sempre arrivo in ritardissimo e solo ora capisco cosa mi stessi perdendo. Di solito i makeover show m'interessano poco - a meno che non si tratti di rinnovo di case e ristrutturazioni, quelli li guardo tutti - ma Queer eye è molto, molto di più. E' di una purezza disarmante, pieno di positività e continua fonte d'ispirazione. I Favolosi 5 sono incredibilmente genuini e sanno essere d'aiuto nei modi più inaspettati, e travolgono lo spettatore con una montagna di emozioni, risate e commozione oltre a un fortissimo desiderio di diventare una versione migliore di sé stesso.

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - Il primo a colpirmi è stato il titolo bizzarro, poi è arrivato il trailer del film, e ordinare il libro è stata una questione di secondi a quel punto. Erano secoli che un libro non mi travolgeva così intensamente - per dirla tutta l'ho divorato in due pomeriggi, il che significa ovviamente che è finito troppo in fretta. Sono tremenda. E' la storia di un gruppo di persone che nel tentativo di sopravvivere - letteralmente prima e spiritualmente poi - all'occupazione nazista s'inventano un club del libro e scoprono un profondo amore per il mondo letterario. ma più di tutto The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society è un libro che parla di persone che amano i libri e per questo è diventato fin da subito parte di me. Consigliato anche il film che è appena uscito su Netflix: è un adattamento carino, conta come una piccola riunione del cast di Downton Abbey e Matthew Goode è sempre favoloso.

Fatemi sapere che cosa avete amato di recente nei commenti qui sotto. Xx

14 commenti:

  1. Harry Potter, il bullet journal, serie asiatiche su Netflix e Viki, gli acquerelli ❤
    In questo momento allontanano l'ansia o almeno riescono a farmela gestire! Un bacio :-*

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Harry Potter è sempre sul mio comodino! Adesso sto rileggendo L'ordine della Fenice :)
      E gli acquerelli sono una di quelle cose che vorrei tanto provare ma non mi decido mai, come la calligrafia. Prima o poi mi butto ;) XX

      Elimina
  2. Anche io ho sviluppato una passione per il giallo. Mi concilia l'umore con allegria.

    RispondiElimina
  3. Aw Beatrice, I know whats its like to be feeling fine then suddenly anxiety takes over. I like to throw myself into something to keep my mind occupied. I love Asian food but haven't every successfully been able to make anything, I need to try again. Queer Eye and Masterchef are my favourites too! xx

    Violethollow.com

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Thank you Sam!❤ You're right. Keeping busy works as well - I like to clean the house when I need to clear my head, but baking and cooking are more satifying for obvious reasons ;)
      Wish you better luck with your future cooking experiments! xx

      Elimina
  4. I love Queer Eye too - it's rare that an episode doesn't have me sobbing!

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Every single episode made me emotional! When Antoni cries I cry, so I cry a lot XD x

      Elimina
  5. I've been loving Gilmore Girls recently - it's my favourite thing to watch when I feel anxious or stressed! x

    www.clionahill.com

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Yes! GG it's a classic and it's perfect for a cosy night in or just to brighten the mood. x

      Elimina
  6. Risposte
    1. It's perfection. It makes you think, laugh and cry, often at the same time. x

      Elimina
  7. I love anything yellow at this time of year, it's such a lovely colour xx

    Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Yes! I can't wait to wear my cosy yellow scarf now and hoard a few mustard yellow accessories for fall. x

      Elimina